Friday, June 12, 2009

Hello from Coronado

Penny and I are in San Diego staying at the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island. This is an old historic hotel that was built in 1888. The movie Some Like It Hot with Marilyn Monroe and Tony Curtis was filmed here. We have always thought Coronado Beach was the best beach in the area and the hotel backs right up to it.

Here Penny and I are on the beach in front of the hotel. It was a little breezy and cool today but still really nice.

These are picture of the hotel - this is the bedroom in our suite.
Chillaxin' in the living room



The view from the balcony overlooking the garden. The red tree down there is the biggest bouganvilla I have ever seen.


This is the front of the hotel, it's pretty impressive.

I have some more stuff that I will post later. Right now it's time to grab some frozen yogurt and sit on the sun deck in front of the fire to watch the sun set. Yeah, that's pretty cool.

No comments: